ads

Chaptter 4 Hunting Baby Boa




 The next day.


 I decided to leave the orphanage and venture outside.


 I had a destination in mind.




 As expected, I can't stand that amount of food. It's just too little.


 That's why I decided to hunt for food.




 I'm heading towards the forest.


 There is a certain forest located away from the orphanage.


 There are several hunting grounds for beginners around the royal capital Celestia, one of them is the forest.


 I should be able to get some decent ingredients there.




 And so, I arrived at the entrance of the forest.




"It's been a long time since I've been here..."




 It is a place that can be visited from the beginning of the game.


 This place took care of me when I was at a low level.


 But the current me should be able to fight without problems.




"Let's go"




 Go into the woods.


 Proceed while watching the surroundings and searching for the target monster.




"It should wander around here... Whoa. It was there."




 A little ahead was a beast type monster wandering around.


 That monster is a boar-like creature called "Baby Boa".


 However, it is about the size of a grown boar.


 Even that is a juvenile.




 I approached carefully, trying not to be noticed.


 Once I got close enough, I hid in the shadow of a tree.


 I should be able to hit well here.




"Well then... Let's give it a try."




 The baby boa has stopped moving and is drinking water from a puddle.




“Hmmm…… 《Fire Arrow》”




 I activated Fire Arrows , and a flaming arrow formed in my palm.


 After waiting for a while, the number of arrows increased, and when it reached five, I set my aim.




"Take this...!"




 A fiery arrow flew toward the baby boa.


 It noticed me the moment it hit, but it was already too late.


 Four arrows pierced Baby Boa's body.




“Pugiii…!”




 Rolling around the ground painfully.


 However, it gradually slowed down, and after a while it stopped moving completely.




"Good, good. It's an easy win against monsters around here."




 One arrow might not be enough to defeat it, but if it hits with 4 arrows, it seems to be able to shave off its HP.


 Actually, I was going to hit all five, but I missed one.




"I guess I'm still not used to this body..."




 Or it may be a side effect of my level being initialized.


 I'll have to adjust this later.




 I approached the already dead baby boa.


 I'll just take this home with me... but, how??




"Hmm I didn't think about how should I bring it back...?"




 Oops. I had no idea how to bring it back.


 Should I just carry it like this?




"Alright then... Heave-ho!"




 I grabbed its leg and started dragging it.


 I can manage to transport it like this, but it's a bit tough.


 Dragging it around makes your arms tired and it's surprisingly laborious.




"Stop stop!"




 It will take too long to bring it to the orphanage like this.


 Moreover, I don't seem to have the physical strength because I haven't taken a good meal.




 What should I do……


 I didn't expect to stumble here even though I caught it.


 Isn't there any good solution?




 Should I just dismantle it here?


 ……That would reduce the amount, and in the first place there would be no change in carrying it by hand.


 I don't want to grab the dismantled meat by hand.




 I wonder if there's anything good.


 That's when I took out my inventory.




"...How about this?"




 That's right. You don't have to carry it by hand.


 I should be able to store it in my inventory.


 That's how it was carried in the game too.


 However, I have never stored a whole monster before, so it didn't come up right away.




 Anyway, let's give it a try.


 I decided to put in a baby boa with the inventory displayed.


 Then...




"Oh, it worked!"




 The baby boa disappeared and the monster I just put in appeared on the inventory screen.


 Wow, it worked!


 From now on, I'll use this method for transport things 



 Since I caught one, so let's go home.


 Today was more like a reconnaissance mission, after all.


 Besides, this forest might still be too challenging for me at the moment.


 If it's just one, it's fine, but if I'm surrounded by multiple monsters, it's troublesome.


 Also, I'm hungry.




 I decided to turn back the way I came and leave the forest.






 I came close to the orphanage.




"Is this place good enough?"




 I take out the prey I just caught from my inventory.


 I didn't want anyone to see this scene, so I decided to take it out from a distance.




 I dragged the Baby Boa corpse towards the orphanage.


 As I approached, I saw Reese near the entrance.




"...Ah"


"Yo. What's are you doin in a place like this?"


"I was waiting for Zest-kun..."


"Huh? Me?"


"Yeah, because you suddenly said you wanted to go for a walk..."




 Come to think of it, I did make that excuse when I went out.




"An, anyway... what is that?"


"Oh, this is. Rejoice. Today's feast."


"Feast...? Are you going to... eat that...?"


"Yeah, this is called Baby Boa. I think it taste pretty good."




 You can eat this creature meat even during the game.


 It doesn't have any special effects, so it's often thrown away.




“Would you please call Sister-san?


"O, okay"




 Reese rushed into the orphanage.


 And she immediately came back with Sista-san.


 Sista looked at the baby boa and spoke with a surprised expression.




"Did Zest-chan bring this...?"


"Well, yes."


"Ho, how did you manage to kill it?"




 Oh right.


 I didn't even think of that excuse.


 Hmmm...




“Um… I found it!”


"Yu, You found it?"


"Yeah, while I was walking in the forest... I mean, I found it lying there!"


“…………”




 ……I must admit, that's a weak excuse.


 She probably won't believe it.




"Yo, you found it...? is that possible? And you went to the forest..."


"Wow! What the hell is that!"


"What? What happened?"




 The children who were inside the building jumped out one after another.




"What are you going to do about it?"


“Oh, Oh, this? Well, um... since it was lying there, I thought we could eat it."


"Seriously, it's amazing!"


"It looks delicious……"


"I want to eat it too!"




 It seems everyone is intrigued.


 The corpse of a baby boa must looks like a steak to them.




"Let's eat quickly!"


"B-but..."


"Hey hey. I want to eat too!"




 Children gather around Sista-san.




“…………Well let's consider it a blessing from the forest."


""""Yay!!""""




 Phew, it's good that everything worked out smoothly.


 Well, I should manage somehow.


 I'll have to come up with another excuse next time.




 The baby boa I brought was neatly dismantled, and the meal that day was more luxurious than usual.





If you like my work please support me Ko-fi




Prev    TOC    Next

Comments

  1. The MC is a little bit dumb.
    Thanks for the chapters

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

ads